Saturday, November 3, 2012

Trash Talkin'

So I thought to myself, my god, I throw away a lot of stuff. Everyday. And so do you. Don't deny it - even if you recycle everything and compost everything, you are still throwing out lots and lots of stuff. 
Packaging and meat bones, tampons and Styrofoam containers, plastic bits of this and that.  And this is if you are lucky enough to live in an area that does recycle (I know, right? It's shameful that some areas still don't). And what if you're not fortunate enough to live somewhere that you can compost? You've seen the pictures. The world has a garbage problem.


This is one woman's attempt to eliminate trash from her life. It's not going to easy.

My caveats;

-I am married. I will not be trying to make my partner follow my eccentric example. That would be futile.
-I have no kids. Children would probably make this wild idea impossible.
-I do have a hound dog. She's awesome but she does shit a lot. Like twice a day, usually. This could be tricky with the whole "pooper scooper" thing.
-I might use salty language.
-I am not going to try to eliminate trash from my workplace. This just got personal, yo.

Watch me win, watch me lose.  I hope you'll offer suggestions when I need help and cheer me on when I figure out how to live without trash. Right now I've got a pile of stuff outside that needs to go to the dump. Off to a great start...

No comments:

Post a Comment