Friday, January 18, 2013

Rhea of the Poos

I did it. I succeeded at overcoming a formidable challenge. I have solved the dog shit problem. (waits for applause to die down) Thank you. Thank you.

Remember Flush Doggy ? Those 'flushable' dog poo bags that clogged my toilet? Well, guess what?  They DO work! All I had to do was dump the poo out of the bag into the water and toss the bag in afterward.  Close the lid, walk away for a few minutes while I get ready for work, come back and flush. No smell. No 'is it or isn't it' moments. Just. Flush. And Away! I have done this 3 times now with complete success.
Rhea of the Poos - her full name

I really must credit my friend Midge for this idea even though it says right in the instructions for Flush Doggy that large dog poo might have to be dumped out of the bag first. I just didn't know what 'large' meant - I mean, large is relative, right? If they had said, if your dog's dump weighs more than an entire chihuahua, I might have understood.  Or if they had said, if it looks like you're carrying a rotten grapefruit around in your poo bag, your dog crap is too large to flush in the bag, then I totally would have tried this method sooner. But I own an 80 pound teacup hound, so her doodie can't be big. 
Of course, sometimes I have to use two hands to pick it up, but I just thought that was because I have small hands*. 
*actual size

So now I have two new problems.
1. I sent back all my unopened packages of Flush Doggy.  
2. They got a bad review from me. Feel kinda bad about that one. Now I need to write a good review and apologize.


Two days to make all this waste! 
The good is definitely outweighing the bad here.  No more piles of poop-filled grocery sacks! No more stinky garbage can! Hooray! 
I am still going to try out a new brand, there is one that is made in the USA, so I'm going to give them a go. Perhaps the saga will continue in the next installment when I try out (ominous music playsThe Flushable Bag! Ooh! Aah!


I love this beast.

1 comment: